- View https://www.facebook.com/SportsFieldGuide/?ref=bookmarks’s profile on Facebook
- View https://twitter.com/joegisondi’s profile on Twitter
- View https://www.linkedin.com/in/joe-gisondi-459a72119?trk=hp-identity-name’s profile on LinkedIn
- View https://plus.google.com/u/0/117921449243658044571’s profile on Google+
Order “Monster Trek”
- Joe Gisondi brings to life the celebrities in bigfoot culture: people such as Matt Moneymaker, Jeff Meldrum, and Cliff Barackman, who explore remote wooded areas of the country for weeks at a time and spend thousands of dollars on infrared imagers, cameras, and high-end camping equipment. Pursuing the answer to why these seekers of bigfoot do what they do, Gisondi brings to the reader their most interesting—and in many cases, harrowing—expeditions. Click on book image above to order "Monster Trek."
Order “Field Guide”
- Turn yourself from sports fan to sports journalist by gaining practical advice on covering 20 specific sports, along with tips on the seemingly straightforward and the more specialized. This book prepares you for just about any game, match, meet, race or tournament you’re likely to cover. Order a copy at CQPress.com or Amazon by clicking the book image above..
2017 CMI Sports Journalism Conference
Sports Media podcast
- I and co-host Jeff Owens, director of WEIU-FM, discuss sports media coverage each week. Click on the image above to find these podcasts.
- 4,456 hits
Stories about me
Author Archives: jgisondi
A second edition of the Field Guide To Covering Sports that has numerous new chapters about traditional, digital and mobile sports media approaches will be available sometime in early 2017. You can learn more about sports media on my website at SportsFieldGuide.org … Continue reading
College teams are already training and scrimmaging, weeks ahead of another academic year. So now is the time to plan your college media’s sports coverage – that is, if you have not already done so. (It’s not like every single event is not … Continue reading
The Effingham Daily News wrote a cover story on Monster Trek: The Obsessive Search for Bigfoot on April 8. Check it out.
Spoke with host radio host Jeff Owens on WEIU-FM’s weekly news magazine “Issues and Attitudes” about bigfoot, researchers and a little about sports. The show is simulcast on a local cable channel, which is the feed you can watch here.
Chatted with radio host Julie Sav recently on ZTalkRadio Network about people who devote tens of thousands of dollars and much of their lives to searching for bigfoot. To listen, click here.
Forget the Kardashians, “Making A Murderer,” or Super Bowl 50. What’s cooler than discussing bigfoot? Stop by Eastern Illinois University tonight for my discussion on bigfoot, researchers and “Monster Trek.” Sayeth the press release: “After six years traveling to five … Continue reading